Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Week 4 - Ready by Ruby


I sighed as I approached the small house, I didn’t want to go in so I decided against it. I wasn’t ready to face him, I knew what he’d do. So instead I walked past the house and into the woods and headed straight towards the river.

I took a seat on the river bank sheltered from the sun by a large tree. I looked at the river and noticed how the water was strangely still, almost unmoving. I walked closer to the edge to investigate and as I stared into the water, it began to turn green. A bright and vibrant green, warm and happy. I reached down and carefully put my hand in the water. Almost immediately the green went away leaving a pitch black river. I took my hand out and ran back to the house. I think I’m ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment