Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week 7 - 2000m final by Luke


I was in the final for the 2000m NZ athletics final for U13.  I was one of 15 competitors.  I was waiting for the guy with the pistol to start us off.  Then I started to look at my competitors.  Then the guy suddenly shot the pistol and caught me unaware. I was behind the field by around 60 meters. I ran as fast as I could. I thought “well what a start”. I managed to catch up to the second to last guy.  After 1km I was slowly getting up the field until I was 9. I still had 1 km to go...

1 comment:

  1. This story is a big jump from last weeks I liked the sentence where you wrote "Then the guy suddenly shot the pistol and caught me unaware". Next time you might want to challenge yourself to use more complex sentence structures.
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete