Monday, February 15, 2016

The smell - Abby

I lay in my bed in the dark staring at my roof though I could barely see it. I kicked my sheets off myself getting hot. I turned my head and looked across the room to see my son, he was asleep, unlike me. I closed my eyes just to find myself opening them again, I was so tired and yet I couldn’t even get to sleep. He looked so peaceful when he slept, not crying or screaming like he usually did. I blink a few times before smelling something. I smelled again, smoke? Something’s not right. I got up and looked in the kitchen.

It was a fire.

By Abby

6 comments:

  1. Hi Abby your story was so descriptive. I liked it when you said " I kiked my sheets off my self getting hot." And I liked it how it was so nice and short. The next thing I think that you could work on is making it even more descriptive. - from Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby your story was so descriptive. I liked it when you said " I kiked my sheets off my self getting hot." And I liked it how it was so nice and short. The next thing I think that you could work on is making it even more descriptive. - from Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abby , great story :) , maybe next time you should describe the fire a bit more or how you got saved
    Lucy & Amber T :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your story was amazing!
    But you have a son? just jokes maybe next time decribe what you felt like and what smoke smelt like to you
    (: happy from Vannary

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a really good and descriptive piece of writing. Good Job! From Ruby and Michaela.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abby I liked this story because it had suspense in it. Try to work on correct grammar like when you said "i smelled again."

    ReplyDelete