Monday, April 20, 2015

Kaitlyn - Beyond the hills


Orange and yellow mix together as the sun rises beyond the hills. I am up straight away, out the door and on my way. I stroll through the meadows and past the fields of poppies. When I get through I skip across the crumbling rocks carefully avoiding falling into the creek. As I examine my surroundings I finally see it, Aha! X marks the spot! I get cozy in my favourite place and I look around. Small delicate butterflies flutter around, as the sun comes up it gives a glow, and lights up my venue. The view over the hills always takes my breath away.

3 comments:

  1. I love your story, Kaitlyn!
    You paint a gorgeous scene which is really breath taking.
    Your first sentence is very dramatic and poetic and I am with you all the way to your special place. It sounds idyllic.
    How about thinking about the smells of your surroundings as well as the colours next time?
    Well done and keep writing for 100WC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for this comment, I love to watch the sun rise in the morning that is where I got the idea for this story!
      -Kaitlyn

      Delete
  2. Great story, love the details!!

    ReplyDelete