Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Maddison - the scan

I'm laying in the cold crisp hospital bed waiting for the doctor to come in with my scan results , I am feeling ill and very scared. The doctor came in and called my mother out, a couple of minutes later I hear her weeping behind the creaky door. I wonder whats wrong with me it must be serious…...am i going to die? I startled out of deep thought as the door creeped open it was the doctor with my scan results, it’s a scan of my arm and in one place it says X marks the spot thats were i have cancer.

By Maddison

1 comment:

  1. Oh Maddison, I totally applaud the way you have interpreted the prompt, but I sincerely hope this is not based on personal experience. Your 'voice' captures me completely - 'I am feeling ill and scared', 'am I going to die?'
    I need to make one small suggestion - would your last sentence read better if instead of: ...in one place it says X marks the spot ..., you wrote ...'in one place an X marks the spot'. What do you think?
    PLease keep sharing your personal experiences Maddison. You are a writer who cleverly captures your audience.
    Jackie
    New Plymouth
    New Zealand

    ReplyDelete