Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Week 7 - Broken Sorrow by Abby

Blankness, darkness, loneliness, as far as the eye could see, My eyes filled with tears as I scan around to find him. Our connection was loose, I didn’t have much time, I screamed with my soundless voice.  Above me a ray of light illuminated  like a chandelier, he came back. He floated down, I floated up, with the illumination blinding me, his face was calm with a gentle smile, his crystal tears glinted as they streamed down his face. Our hands intertwined, we were rejoiced, reunited. Suddenly there was a loud crack…..it was the connection. When the connection broke, we cried and embraced for only a second, then nothing.

By Abby

2 comments:

  1. Abby you write with such great narrative and description, it was very fun reading your well written story. I love the detail in talking of the one who is connected so close with the main character - "his crystal tears glinted" is a lovely phrase. Keep up the really good work writing on the 100WC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an emotional and involving story Abby, all the more so since you choose not to tell us who or what are the characters in your story and why or how they were connected. Different beings separated by space or time? Even so, your choice of vocabulary is so descriptive and highly detailed, as reader's we're able to imagine our own scenes. I was particularly moved by 'crystal tears glinting as they streamed down his face.'
    Well done and keep rising to the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete