Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Blake - Time to evacuate!


At about 7:30 3news had a weather update a heavy rain warning of an 80% chance of flooding “looks like bad weather tomorrow dad “I said.  By 8:30 I decided to retire to bed.  I didn’t get to sleep I was so worried that my eyes stayed open.  After a while I crashed.  It wasn’t long before dad woke me up saying “get some clothes on, the fire department said we have to evacuate we’re in the flood zone”.  I got dressed and put some spare clothes in a bag. By the time I got to dad the water was up to my knees. Dad yelled “get in the boat!” and we sped out of there.  

By Blake  

2 comments:

  1. Nice Blake nice descriptive language but next time use more and it will be perfect.

    By Ben Mercer Broadgreen Intermediate School Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good story Blake. I like how you have used discriptive language.
    ~Kaitlyn R

    ReplyDelete