Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Brooklyn - The bad weather

one morning I woke up and got ready for school. The wind was howling I could hear it through the windows in my room.  I snuggled down further under my covers to keep warm and listened to the wind and rain. I could hear Mum saying "come on girls its time to get up" but i tried to ignore it. Mum worked out that i wasn't getting up and she came down to my room, so i quickly got up and got ready for school.  As we were leaving there was thunder and lightning it was quite cool but also scary. On the way to school there was flooding and water was racing down the road and the further we got the worse the water on the road got.  Mum decided that it was to dangerous to keep going to school so we all came back home for the day. We watched videos on the internet of the weather and the flooding around Nelson. 

By Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment