Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Week 3 - Mother Nature by Sam Ctr

“Jim! Tim! Quick, get up!  Get under something! It's an earthquake.  Remember the drill!”

I was under the table for what felt like forever and I was terrified. I was yelling to my father who was trying to get my Mother and my little sister to safety.  Suddenly, the worst sight I could imagine.. a ceiling beam crashed down on them and it made my heart break.  My brother and I heard their spines crack.  At that moment my dog ran to me so I held on to him for dear life.

After the earthquake stopped a scary silence descended, then a few minutes later something sounding like thunder had came out of nowhere.  A Tsunami was heading straight for our little village!  We ran to the rooftop and stood there watching houses get torn to pieces. Everywhere you looked there were buildings being ripped to smithereens. The water was rising.

I spotted a building that was about 167 feet tall.  We had to get there!  Tim came up with the idea to take Father's boat. Since I was the better scuba diver I went down to Fathers little dingy that was floating about 50m away.  I was only wearing my orange pyjamas so it made it very hard to swim.  But I swam and I swam and just as I was about to give up, Mr Jones from next door dragged me out of the water into his boat. I was relieved to see my brother and my dog already in there.

I started to cry.

By Sam Ctr

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me about a book I am reading Rodydoyl BRILLIANT. Good story.
    By Amy

    ReplyDelete