Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Week 8 - alone by Zoe

Alone

I imagined what it would be like to have all I could see, from the still waters of the deep blue lake to the distant mountain ranges casting dark silhouettes, shadowing the valley.  All the way to the rolling hillsides and trickling brooks that cascade through the wet bush.   

My humble tent stood alone in the towering grass.  This was the only place I could relax, out here away from the bustling city streets and flashing lights.  I gazed up into the night billions of stars shone illuminating the darkness.  I took a deep breath, the air was crisp.  I sighed, this was my home.

By Zoe

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe, you have used a greate variaty of strong words. good job for using paragraphs good work.

    scarlett(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best story I read.I absolutely love how you said from the still waters of the deep blue lake to the distant mountain ranges casting dark silhouettes, shadowing the valley. It was very good.Next time you should a bit more full stops such as when you said,I gazed up at the night billions of stars shone.You should have put a full stop inbetween night and billions.I like how you said gazed.Great story.
    Maggie.

    ReplyDelete