Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Week 9 - Alcatraz By Amber T

A shiver ran down my spine as we entered the island. The security guards grabbed my arms spitefully and pulled me towards the entrance of the gates. I looked behind me and took one last glance outside before sloping inside. I was thrown into my cell. I looked at it in disgust and sat on the rock hard mattress. This was going to be my home now for the rest of my life. While coming over on the boat, I had thoughts about escaping but no one has ever escaped. I cried myself to sleep that night with an empty stomach. I guess this is what I deserve.

By Amber T

1 comment:

  1. Amber what an emotionally wrenching story, and very insightful as you have captured so many thoughts and feelings a prisoner might experience and did a very nice job of writing them out. I could feel the fear and sense of hopelessness the prisoner has. Keep up the good work writing on the 100WC.

    ReplyDelete